Thematically organized photographic sets will be successively added.
22. 1. 2010 :::: The lodge (2004-2009)
The last years of an old house, on a remote place in woods near Nová Huť, Vojnův Městec (Sony DSC-F717).
28. 12. 2009 :::: Great Falls on the Potomac River, USA (October 2009)
Pictures from a short trip to The Great Falls
and Mather Gorge
on the Potomac river, some 25km north-west from Washington DC, end of October 2009 (Sony DSC-F717).
6. 12. 2009 :::: The way up to Mont-Tremblant, Canada (October 2007)
Selection of pictures taken during the way up to Mont-Tremblant, one hundred kilometers North-West from Montreal (Sony DSC-F717).
17. 11. 2009 :::: The Afro-punk Tour: The Smyrk, CX KiDTRONiK & Tchaka Diallo, Living Colours & Saul Williams (Black Cat, Washington DC, November 1, 2009)
Selection of pictures taken during the night - all bands covered; photographed by ZK, Sony DSC-F717.
14. 6. 2009 :::: "Vajtovy koule" [Vajta's boulles], doublets in petanque (Vojnův Městec, June 13, 2009)
Selection of pictures taken during breaks between my own matches; photographed by ZK, Sony DSC-F717.
6. 6. 2009 :::: The regional qualifying petanque tournament, Czech national championship in triplets (Vojnův Městec, June 6, 2009)
Selection of pictures taken during qualifying matches; photographed by ZK, Sony DSC-F717.
30. 5. 2009 :::: Research trip to Litmanová, the site of Marian apparitions (Eastern Slovakia, April 3-6, 2009)
In April 2009, I and my colleague Jan Paleček visited Litmanová in Eastern Slovakia. Near Litmanová, since 1990, two young girls had been having apparitions of Virgin Mary for subsequent five years; the Greek-Catholic church declared Litmanova as official Marian pilgrimage site. We worked on a case study of these apparitions and all what followed, whithin our research project on apparitions and demonic possessions as practical religious achievements. Pictures by ZK, Sony DSC-F717
12. 4. 2009 :::: Doublets in petanque, The Easter Egg Tournament (Vojnův Městec, April 11 2009)
Selection of pictures taken during breaks between my own matches; pictures by ZK, Sony DSC-F717
14. 3. 2009 :::: Walking on Suché vrchy [Dry hills] (March 14 2009)
Another walk to my favourite places, almost spring; pictures by ZK, Sony DSC-F717
25. 2. 2009 :::: Oosterscheldekering - Dutch water works (September 20, 2008)
During the 4S/EASST conference in Rotterdam, I used the opportunity and participated in a guided tour to the Dutch water works, to its most interesting parts. We were guided by Wiebe Bijker, renowned STS scholar, who has extensively written about this huge technological artifact. Information about this part of the barriers can be found, e.g., here
; and here
you can look at this place from the air. Pictures taken by ZK, Sony DSC-F717.